Sunday, August 29, 2010

You like me! You really like me!!!!

It's amazing to me that, despite my recent relative negligence of this wonderful blog 'o mine, I have some how managed to have been give multiple awards for it. You have no idea how much this warms my black little heart Spooky Do's, NO-I-DE-A!!!

However, the posts you are supposed to do when you get one of these are more work than my lazy self usually has the willpower to do, which is why I am only now, over a month later (I'm sorry, I'm a terrible girlfriend, I understand if you want to see other people) finally getting to making my post about even the first one. Okay, now that that's out of the way....

Both The Girl who Loves Horror And Oriel over at Fear of Fiction have awarded yours truly with this beauty:



So then, here be the rules ...

1) Thank the person who gave you the award.

2) Tell people seven things about yourself

3) Nominate fifteen other blogs to receive said award, and tell them about it.


Okay, I guess its sharing time you guys, I hope we can still be friends after this.

Seven Things about Spooky Pie


1. I have a bizarre pathological need to drop everything I'm doing and sing along to 'Sweet Home Alabama' every time I hear it, this is occasionally very awkward depending on where I am at the time.

2. One of my ultimate 'I am in a bad mood, I need something to make me happy' movies is Doom. Because, honestly, when I'm having a bad day there are few things that cheer me up better than Karl Urban stalking around with a giant gun, kicking ass and taking names.
Say what you like about the movie, but this girl digs hot men with BFGs.

3. My first car ever was named Sadako, yes, after the girl from Ringu. She was a black '64 Ford Falcon Wagon, remarkably resembled a mini-hearse, and was the love of my life. I miss that car like whoa.

4. I love Nerf Guns. They are superfluous and have no reasonable place in my life. I don't care, they make me happy. I recently bought a knock-off brand of Nerf gun because it was a double barrel shot gun, complete with cocking mechanism and shells that eject themselves. This was also about the point that I learned what an incredibly patient person my roommate is.

5. When I am stressed or unhappy I bake, a lot. You can generally tell my current state of being by the quantity of cupcakes, cookies, and other baked goods dominating my apartment.

6. The first horror movie I was allowed to go see in the theater was The Haunting in 1999. It's a crappy re-make of an amazing classic horror movie, but at the time I was 11 and I thought it was creepy as all hell. So I have to admit that I still have quite the soft spot for it, despite its being utter rubbish.

7. I basically have a shrine to Fatal Frame in my living room, complete with a pre-release promo poster for Fatal Frame II, an antique camera, and a collection of Little Apple Dolls that resemble ones found in the games

Fifteen Blogs that I love like WHOA


1. Kindertrauma
2. Final Girl
3. ~The Phantasmagorium of Professor Pym~
4. American Gothica
5. Now Kindly Undo These Straps
6. Arbogast on Film
7. Scare Sarah
8. The Unflinching Eye
9. The Halloween Blues
10. The Vault of Horror
11. Dr. Blood's Video Vault
12. Things That Don't Suck
13. Evil on Two Legs
14. The Groovy Age of Horror
15. The Drunken Severed Head


Now if y'all excuse me, I've got something in my eye.

♥ ♥ ♥

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Particularly the Sweet Home Alabama bit. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we like you! We really like you! (I use "we" because I have a mouse in my ear.)

    No, but seriously-- I've blogged about this honor right back at TDSH:

    http://drunkenseveredhead.blogspot.com/2010/09/me-puffed-up-with-pride.html

    Thank you so much, O queen of the frightening pies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only just noticed your comment linking to this award. That'll teach me to check my comments more often. :) Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, i love your blog. i too love "sweet home Alabama" and bake more often than i prob should.

    following now to get your updates,.... ty

    ~b

    i love your blog, i have followed for updates. i am asking folks to follow me and give feedback on the excerpts of a book I am writing and will eventually publish. it is horror/suspense.

    many thanks, ciao ~b


    http://legallybrunetterants.blogspot.com/2011/09/chapter-1-bile-spewing-monster.html

    ReplyDelete